London, March 24, 2011 CorporateRegister.com’s annual report on global corporate responsibility(CR) reporting trends was released at the 4th annual CR Reporting Awards, held in London on March24.
Now in their fourth year, the CR Reporting Awards are the only independent, annual, global awards for Corporate
Responsibility (CR) reporting. They identify and acknowledge the best CR reports from around the world. The Global Winners and Reporting Trends report looks at overall global trends in CR reporting and is available to download at www.CorporateRegister.com/downloads. You will have to be logged in to CorporateRegister.com to access the report, so if you haven't already signed up you can create your free account here: http://www.corporateregister.com/accounts/register.cgi
CorporateRegister.com’s Paul Scott said: “2011 Global Winners & Reporting Trends’ is our fourth annual review of the state of play in global corporate responsibility (CR) reporting. We look at the statistics and trends, give the detail on which reports won the CRRA this time around, and we introduce our CR debates. We’ve put a lot of thought into it, and we’re sure our stakeholders will once again download it in their thousands”.
The CRRA’11 solicited reports published between September 2009 and September 2010. Due to the high level of interest in the Awards, the number of entries in each category was capped. This year, 90 leading reporting companies, from well-known multinationals to local SMEs, entered their reports across nine categories. This year’s winners are:
• Best report – Hewlett-Packard Company (United States)
• Best first time report– Virgin Group Ltd (United Kingdom)
• Best SME report – Pacific Hydro Pty Limited (Australia)
• Best integrated report – Natura Cosméticos SA (Brazil)
• Best carbon disclosure – Vodafone Group plc (United Kingdom)
• Creativity in communications – Virgin Group Ltd (United Kingdom)
• Relevance & materiality – SABMiller plc (United Kingdom)
• Openness & honesty – Novo Nordisk A/S (Denmark)
• Credibility through assurance – Co-operative Group Limited (United Kingdom)
As a companion to this year’s awards ceremony CorporateRegister.com is hosting two online debates. Leading CR experts, set out the opposing sides of two hot CR reporting topics, and the public is invited to participate in an ongoing debate. View the debates and join in the discussion at http://www.corporateregister.com/blog/